The City of Tiffin, Ohio intends to apply to the Ohio Development Services Agency for funding under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Small Cities Program, a federally funded program administered by the state. The City is eligible for $150,000.00 of Program Years 2015-2016 CDBG Allocation funding ($75,000 each Program Year), provided the City meets applicable program requirements. On February 25, 2016, the City conducted its first public hearing to inform citizens about the CDBG program, how it may be used, what activities are eligible, and other important program requirements. The original notice posted June 2, 2016 included incorrect amounts for the Allocation Grant Program.
Based on the assessment of the City’s needs, the City is proposing to undertake the following CDBG activities for Program Years 2015-2016.
CDBG Allocation Grant Program: $150,000.00
1) Sidewalk Improvements: $120,000.00. Activity location: City of Tiffin, Downtown. Area Wide Slum and Blight Benefit.
2) Private Rehabilitation: $15,000.00. Activity location: City of Tiffin, Downtown. Area Wide Slum and Benefit.
3) Administration: $15,000.00. Includes Fair Housing activities, analysis of impediments, and grant administration.
CDBG Competitive Downtown Revitalization Grant Program: $300,000.00
1) Private Rehabilitation: $170,000.00. Activity location: City of Tiffin, Downtown. Area Wide Slum and Blight Benefit Area.
2) Street Improvements: $100,000.00. Activity location: City of Tiffin, Downtown. Area Wide Slum and Blight Benefit.
3) Administration: $30,000.00.
The activities meet the National Objectives of principally benefiting low and moderate income persons, or eliminating slum and blight.
A second public hearing will be held June 13, 2016 at 5:00 PM at Tiffin City Hall, 51 East Market Street, Tiffin, Ohio, to give citizens an adequate opportunity to review and comment on the City’s proposed CDBG Applications, including the proposed activities summarized above, before the City submits its Application to the Ohio Development Services Agency.
Citizens are encouraged to attend this Hearing on June 13, 2016 to express their views and comments on the City’s proposed CDBG Applications. Please contact David Zak and the Seneca Industrial and Economic Development Corporation weekdays between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM at 419.912.1150 or email@example.com if you have any questions. Please deliver any written comments on the above-referenced activities to David Zak, President & CEO, at 19 West Market Street, Suite C, Tiffin, Ohio prior to 3:00 PM on June 13, 2016.
Original Posted: 6/2/16, Correction Posted: 6/8/16