The Mercy Health Tiffin and Mercy Heath Willard Foundations are hosting a US Department of Labor live Continuing Legal Education seminar to answer employment law questions on Friday, Oct. 7 at the Mercy Health – Tiffin Hospital McMullen Conference Center.
The seminar will answer the following questions and more:
· Can I fire an employee for that?
· When does the Family & Medical Leave Act apply to my company?
· What are my obligations as an employer for hiring a teenager for summer employment?
· Do I have to give my employees a break in the morning and/or afternoon?
· When do I have to pay overtime?
· Can I make an employee work a double shift?
· What happens when an employee is deployed by the military and then comes back and wants the job back after deployment?
The target audience of this seminar is attorneys, CEOs, CFOs, HR and payroll managers. Speakers include field agents from the US Department of Labor, EEOC, VA, etc., and are top notch.
The price of the seminar is only $40. Please pre-register by contacting Bernie Steinmetz at 419.455.7049 or Bernie_Steinmetz@mercy.com. There are only 90 spaces available and pre-registration ends Friday, Sept. 30.