Seneca County Family & Children First Council will hold a Bridges Out of Poverty training session at the Department of Job and Family Services (900 County Road 20, Tiffin) Friday, Sept. 21, 2018, 9 a.m.-12p.m.
The goal of the program is to review the skills, policies and procedures that will enable organizations, employers and communities to become more skilled in working with individuals who are in poverty.
- Explore mental models of poverty, middle class and wealth;
- Learn the hidden rules of each class;
- Understand key concepts that underline Bridges Out of Poverty;
- Learn the different registers of language;
- Identify resources; and
- Explore how to use Bridges constructs with clients.
Key Questions You will be asked:
- Before training – What are some things I do not understand about individuals living and poverty and the choices they make?
- During training – How can I support individuals seeking to move out of poverty?
- After training – What are program design changes I think need to be made based on what I have learned today?
- Individuals living in generational poverty are excellent problem solvers. How can we engage people from all classes?
To register, contact Sharon George at (419) 443-0981 or firstname.lastname@example.org