Monthly event to feature first Barking Lot Party
TIFFIN, OHIO – May 6, 2019 – Barking Lot Party, the May Third Thursday event, is 5-8 p.m. Thursday, May 16, with events planned in the Croghan Bank & Laird Arcade parking lots and almost 30 businesses offering specials. Participants can register for door prizes at participating businesses. The event is free and family- and pet-friendly.
Participants are encouraged to enjoy a day downtown with their pup. Start at the barking lot for music, giveaways and fun with participating businesses. Then, take a walk through downtown for pet-friendly specials at local businesses. The event benefits the revitalization of Downtown Tiffin.
If your dog is aggressive towards other dogs, children or strangers, please do not bring them to the event. All dogs must be kept on a leash.
Also, Trivia Night in Downtown Tiffin will start at 7 p.m. at The Chandelier Community Event Center, 151 S. Washington St., Tiffin.
In addition to the door prizes, participants are reminded to fill out an entry form every time they make a purchase at a participating business for a chance to win $1,000. A winner will be chosen after December’s Third Thursday. (No limit to the number of entries per person. Employees are eligible but cannot enter at their place of employment.)
Participating businesses include:
- Allstate Insurance, 72 E. Market St. – Free rope toys and pet insurance quotes
- Stover Veterinary Service – Vet-Mobile unit offering discounted nail trims and tours.
- Simply Susan’s, 70 S. Washington St. – personalized dog tags for $10.
- Clover Club, 266 S. Washington St. – Doggy Patio will be open.
- Jolly’s, 66 E. Market St. – $1 hot dogs for your hot dog.
- Phat Cakes, 45 S. Washington St. – homemade dog treats.
- Ralphs Joy of Living, 33 N. Washington St. – $10 wine tasting (Limited spots RSVP).
- Laird Arcade Brewery, 114 S. Washington St., Suite D – free live music.
- Viaduct, 84 N. Washington St. – back patio will be open; 50 cent wings and $1 drafts.
- GEM Yoga, 114 S. Washington St. – yoga with your dog.
- FroZone, 114 S. Washington St. – $1 pup cups.
- Renaissance, 129 S. Washington St. – 25% off of all Bird Dog Whiskeys.
- SSG Ink, 107 E. Perry St. – doggy bandannas.
- Melissa Perry Photography, 70 E. Market St. – $25 pet portraits.
- Jen Burns Flair 37 – paw painting.
- Divine Style Boutique, 116 S. Washington St., Suite C – 20% off purchase of $50.
- Croghan Bank, 796 W. Market St. – hosting event in their parking lot and handing out free frisbees.
- Michelle’s K9 Style and Smiles, 239 W Market St. – $10 nail trim.
- Reino’s, 73 E Market St. – $2 Pizza by the slice.
- Washington Street Outfitters, 186 S. Washington St. – selling dog merchandise.
- Put N Pita, 116 S. Washington St. – free dog treats.
- Tiffin Pedal Company – Pedal Car downtown.
- Empire at 138, 138 S. Washington St. – Doggy Beauty Contest, costumes encouraged. Winner receives painting of their dog by local artist Jon Adams.
- Airbrush Beauty, 120 ½ S. Washington St. – Make-Up your Mutt, hair conditioning, brushing, and bandanna.
- Taylor Elchert Photography, 186 S. Washington St. – 10% off a photo session with a donation to the Humane Society of Seneca County.
- Mix 96.7 WBVI – broadcasting live music and interviews in the parking lot.
- REMAX, 108 S. Washington St. – raffling an interior dog house, proceeds will go to Children’s Miracle Network.
- Reclaim It, 127 S. Washington St. – silent auction for a dog crate/end table and 10% off all dog dishes.
- Threads, 2451 W. Market St. – selling pet-themed bracelets.
About Downtown Tiffin
Downtown Tiffin is an award-winning and state and nationally accredited Main Street program managed by the Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and driven by volunteer business and community leaders and stakeholders passionate to make downtown Tiffin a destination. More than 50 volunteers participate in various committees. Since 2014, more than 40 new businesses have opened, and more than 65 downtown building facades have been improved. Since 2016, more than $25 million has been invested.
About the Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership
Started in 1983 as the Seneca Industrial and Economic Development Corp. (SIEDC), the Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership is a private, non-profit corporation dedicated to driving positive economic, downtown, and community development in Tiffin and Seneca County, Ohio, which consistently ranks among the top communities nationally for economic development. Learn more about the great things going on in Tiffin and Seneca County at www.tiffinseneca.com.
About Shuff Consulting LLC.
Founded in 2013, Shuff Consulting LLC specializes in assisting with the incubation of entrepreneurs, start-ups, and small businesses. With a multifaceted approach, Shuff Consulting delivers results and outside-of-the-box solutions to many areas of business. This Consulting group and its associates also offer services in the arenas of real estate development, property management, marketing & advertising solutions, as well as design.