Information provided by the Ohio Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation
Ohio’s TechCred Program gives businesses the chance to upskill current and future employees in today’s tech-infused economy. The next application period for the Ohio Development Services Agency’s TechCred program begins Jan. 2, 2020. Businesses who submit successful applications will be reimbursed up to $2,000 per credential when current or prospective employees complete eligible technology-focused credentials. Employers are limited to $30,000 for the current fiscal year that ends June 30, 2020.
Reimbursements are approved on a competitive basis, as opposed to first-come, first-serve. Funding from this program may be used for training your business’ current and future employees with industry-recognized credentials.
Application and reimbursement process
1. Employers apply for funding during application period
2. Development Services Agency scores applications and awards funding
3. Employer sponsors current or prospective employees to complete an eligible credential program
4. Current or prospective employee successfully completes the program and receives approved credential
5. Employer submits proof of completion and receives reimbursement
Any Ohio registered employer that employs Ohio resident W-2 employees is eligible to apply. Businesses of all sizes and in all industries are encouraged to apply. Only one application will be accepted per company.
Ohio employers may apply for reimbursement for credentialing of both current and/or prospective employees. Individuals listed in an employer’s application must be Ohio residents with a verifiable Ohio address. Individuals submitted on an application must be a current or prospective W2 employee; independent contractors or 1099 employees are not eligible for this program unless they are being converted to a W2 employee following receipt of the credential.