100+ Business Resources for Coronavirus
http://www.tsepcoronavirus.com – updated May 19, 2020
With things changing so fast, we have put together these two curated list to ensure you get the latest and can access the most up-to-date information. We have also carried forward the 100+ resources list from April and early May below.
1. Business Resource Text Alerts – Simply text coronavirus to 474747, and you will be added to the list to receive updates on business resources and any new developments and events.
2. Federal Resources (15+ resources)
- CARES Act – Detailed Guide for Business Owners & Employers.
- CARES Act – US Senator Rob Portman’s Guide for manufacturers.
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) – “Resources for Businesses and Employers“.
- NFIB – Comparison of Federal Loan Programs.
- OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration – Chart on reducing worker exposure risk.
- SBA (US Small Business Administration) – Overview of Programs.
- SBA Update (4/2/2020) – on Paycheck Protection Program.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans – Guide, Webinar.
- US Chamber – Coronavirus Resource page, Coronavirus Response Toolkit, workplace flyer. 1-888-MY-BIZ-HELP.
- US Chamber – Federal Loan Checklist (and guide).
- US Chamber – Employee Retention Tax Credit (guide).
- US Dept. of Labor – Coronavirus Resources.
- US Dept. of Labor – Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) main information hub.
3. State Resources (22+ resources)
- Governor DeWine Press Conferences – Ohio Channel (Governor’s Press Conferences, daily at 2 pm).
- HeritageOhio Downtown Main Street Coronavirus Resources.
- JobsOhio COVID-19 Resources.
- JobsOhio – Economic Impact Reports (bottom of page).
- JobsOhio, OMA, Ohio MEP, Ohio Hospital Association – Repurposing Project (PPE manufacturing initiative).
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Comp – $1.6M in dividends going back to employers
- Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Site (Governor’s Executive Orders), Screening Employees. Coronavirus Hotline – 833-427-5634 or 833-4-ASK ODH.
- Ohio Dept. of Insurance – grace period for health insurance premiums.
- Ohio’s Office of Small Business Relief – new clearinghouse of resources for business. 1-833-249-6446 with questions.
- Ohio Stay At Home Guidelines – What businesses and work is “essential” We have consolidated all of our information on this topic into one post – read more here. (14 resources).
4. Local Resources – here are some local initiatives and resources. (9 resources):
- Seneca County Commissioners – new Coronavirus Resources page added.
- Seneca County EMA – Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) initative by EMA – facilitating finding, storing and distribution of PPE where it’s needed most (e.g., healthcare facilities).
- Seneca County Health District – Coronavirus Update page
- Seneca County Health District – Live Updates – Health District & Commissioner Facebook (press conferences, MWF at 10:30 am) – see release.
- Seneca County Health District – Open Letter to Businesses from Seneca County Health Commissioner Beth Schweitzer – provides guidance on how to operate.
- Seneca County Health District – Requirement for open businesses to submit justification from Seneca County Health Commissioner Beth Schweitzer.
5. Workforce Programs (13+ resources)
- Employer Resources to share with people laid off – put together by Seneca County JFS, this Employer Resource List (and Video) provides a number of great resources to help laid off employees through this difficult time. (8 resources)
- SharedWork Ohio is a voluntary layoff aversion program. It allows workers to remain employed and employers to retain trained staff during times of reduced business activity. The participating employee works the reduced hours each week, and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) provides eligible individuals an unemployment insurance benefit proportionate to their reduced hours.
- Unemployment Benefits & Layoff Procedures – employees and employers may require resources for mass layoff procedures and short-term unemployment benefits. Find out more.
- Finding Temporary Workers – If you have any temporary job opportunities you wish to promote, please contact Carol Kern at 419.680.3041 (mobile) and by email at Carol.Owen@jfs.ohio.gov. She can put your job openings on the state system as well as on the Jobs Seneca County Facebook page for free. Businesses have already successfully filled temporary vacancies this way.
- Available Jobs – A current list of available jobs for employees who have to be laid off or sent home as of last Friday (3/20/2020) has been put together and is available here (with links). You can also go to ohiomeansjobs.com.
- Workforce Consulting – For employer assistance with any of these benefits, you can contact Carol Kern with OhioMeansJobs Seneca County at 419.680.3041 (mobile) and by email at Carol.Owen@jfs.ohio.gov.
6. Resources for Industry, Retail & Small Business (29+ resources)
- Manufacturing Resources – resources specific to manufacturers can be found here. (16 resources).
- Hello Alice – $10,000 Emergency Grants (referred to us by GLCAP)
- Seneca Dining – Seneca County residents have a new tool to find dining options during the shutdown. SenecaDining.com was created by Spire Advertising in partnership with the Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce and the City of Tiffin to help drive business to local restaurants and serve the community. Find out more.
- Ogden Newspapers – Matching grants to help companies advertise. $1M program.
- Constant Contact – Small Business Toolkits
- CO.STARTERS – CO.STARTERS Recovery Guide – tons of resources for small business and entrepreneurs.
- Charity CFO – Resources for nonprofits.
- Startup Space – A lot of resources at their main page, as well as a specific one for rural small businesses.
- E-Gift Cards – Square has an easy way for retail shops to do e-gift cards to generate income.
- Yelp – COVID-19 Response & Resources
- Retail Strategies – Navigating COVID-19 for Small Businesses
- GoDaddy Business Resources – OpenWeStand Resource Page.
- One-Time Liquor Buyback – The Ohio Department of Commerce began on March 16, 2020 to offer a one-time liquor buyback option to support bars and restaurants. Businesses can reach out directly to the Liquor Enterprise Service Center (LESC) at (877) 812-0013 or by emailing OhioLiquorInfo@Com.Ohio.gov. (See release.)
- National Restaurant Association – National Restaurant Association’s COVID19 Page.
7. Remote Working Solutions & Other Online Resources (2 resources)
- LogMeIn (GoToMeeting) – The remote working company LogMeIn is offering a remote working toolkit for free for three months.
- Google – Google Hangouts Meet Premium is now available for free through July 1, 2020. You can have up to 250 people on at one time, record and save to Google drive, and livestream up to 100,000 people within a domain.
8. Bank & Financing Assistance (10 resources)
Here are some links to banks and financing institutions operating in Tiffin and Seneca County and their programs and procedures for their customers regarding the coronavirus, including safety and in some cases, hardship relief programs.
- Ohio Bankers League & Ohio Credit Unions League – joint statement on staying open
- Croghan Colonial Bank
- EX-IM Bank (Export-Import Bank of US)
- Fifth Third Bank
- Huntington Bank
- Old Fort Banking Company
- PNC Bank
- Superior Credit Union
- Sutton Bank
- US Bank
9. Mental Health Resources (2 resources)
- Crisis Text Line – The Mental Health Recovery Services Board of Sandusky, Seneca and Wyandot Counties announced it that people can text 4hope to 741741 to reach crisis counselor to deal with feelings like anxiety and isolation in these trying times.
- Higher Ground Counseling Center – free, 30-45 counseling sessions to help those (including business owners and their employees) whose financial stability has been affected by mandated closures. Call 567.220.6055 or email owner Lea Frank at email@example.com.