The 11th Annual Bo Reid Memorial Baseball Tournament will take place this weekend with free events planned Friday, July 24 – Sunday, July 26. This year also features 24 youth baseball teams from Northwest Ohio and special guest, actor and author Dwier Brown.
The weekend kicks off at 7 p.m. Friday with Dwier Brown speaking at the Ritz Theatre, followed by a free screening of Field of Dreams, the award-winning baseball film in which Brown plays Kevin Costner’s father. On Saturday at Hedges-Boyer Park, the tournament will begin when Dwier Brown throws out the first pitch at 8:45 a.m. There will also be activities for children and a screening of the film, Mom and Dad Save the World. The tournament resumes Sunday with the championship games and a trophy ceremony.
Dwier Brown will be also be signing copies of his critically acclaimed memoir, “If You Build It… A book about Fathers, Fate and Field of Dreams,” on Friday and Saturday.
The schedule of events is as follows:
Friday – Ritz Theatre
- 7 p.m. – Dwier Brown
- 7:30 p.m. – Field of Dreams showing
- 9 p.m. – Q&A with Dwier Brown
Saturday – Hedges-Boyer Park
- 8:45 a.m. – First pitch – Dwier Brown
- 9 a.m. – Tournament begins
- 10 a.m. – Bouncing inflatables, slides, play area
- 12 p.m. – Dwier Brown speaks
- 12:30 p.m. – Mom and Dad Save the World screening
Sunday – Hedges-Boyer Park
- 9 a.m. – Championship games
- 7 p.m. – Trophy ceremony