This page acts as a repository for a lot of information produced by and about the Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership (TSEP, a 501c3 economic development organization working to positively impact the quality of life in Tiffin and rural Seneca County. Many of the series and articles are in development; available ones will have a live link.
Why it matters
- What is Economic Development? – A four-part series that examines the definitions, fundamental principles, history, and practice of economic development in general.
- What is Main Street? – A planned multi-part series on the Main Street approach to downtown revitalization.
Who we are
- Who is TSEP? – a planned multi-part series that explores the people behind the organization, giving an overview and then describing the team, the board, members, as well as committees – Executive, Finance, & Membership & Events; Downtown Development, Business Enhancement, Marketing, Retailers, and Design; Economic Development; Tiffin-Seneca Entrepreneurship, Tiffin Community Development.
- Partners in Development – a planned nine-part series providing profiles of additional groups and committees TSEP partners with and who are engaged in Economic Development, including RGP Northwest Ohio & JobsOhio; Heritage Ohio; Seneca Department of Job & Family Services and OhioMeansJobs Seneca; Northwest Career Ready and 4CG; the Sandusky-Seneca-City of Tiffin Port Authority; the Transportation Improvement District; the Seneca Regional Planning Commission; the Seneca Regional Chamber & Visitors’ Services (Destination Seneca County); and the Ohio Partnership for Water, Industrial & Cyber Security.
- Why Join TSEP? – a planned four-part series that discusses the reasons for becoming a member, covering Results & Recognition; ROI & Impact; Financial & Team Management; Member Levels & Benefits; as well as Downtown Tiffin Sponsorship.
What we do
- What does TSEP do? – a multi-part series exploring TSEP’s activities in the areas of sales and marketing; resource assistance; ecosystem development; and management.
- Economic Development Resources – a five-part series that describes the more than 175 economic development resources available to businesses, including a general overview, workforce development, real estate, financing, and specialty resources.
- Community Development Resources – this multi-part series in development focuses on the various grant and other funding sources to support community development projects.
- Communication Resources – this series of articles provides access to our past press releases, annual reports, newsletters, social media, op-eds and other communication Resources.
Where we live
- Plans for the Future – a ten-part series on the various plans and studies that guide our community’s development. This includes a general overview and deeper dive into our annual Scope of Work, the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS), the Downtown Strategic Plan, the Downtown Development Plan, the Multi-Jurisdiction Comprehensive Plan, the Housing Study, the Entrepreneurship Strategic Plan, the Dream Big, Tiffin! process, the workforce development plans, as well as the Downtown Parking Study.
- Industrial & Commercial Development – a planned multi-part series that showcases major employers, major industrial sectors, available property and explores historic and current industrial and commercial development in Tiffin & rural Seneca County. There will be profiles of the following areas and districts: Downtown Tiffin, Heidelberg University, Tiffin University, Wall Street, West Market Street, Airport Industrial Park, NorthStar Industrial Park, Eagle Rock Business Park, and rural Seneca County.
- Showcasing Rural Seneca County – this series will profile the rural communities of Seneca County, including the villages of Attica, Bettsville, Bloomville, Green Springs, New Riegel, and Republic; as well as Bascom, Flat Rock, Fort Seneca, Kansas, McCutchenville, Melmore, and Old Fort; and the 15 different townships.
- The 1,000 Reasons – a multi-part series on the 1,000 Reasons why Tiffin and rural Seneca County are great places to live, work, play, study, visit, as well as start, locate, run, expand and grow your business. It starts with an overview and then provides listings in the following categories: education and training; business and industry; parks, recreation, and entertainment; transportation and utilities; rural Seneca County; government, non-profits and philanthropy; events; economic development; community development; downtown Tiffin.