Please be aware that as of 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 12, Round 1 has closed. New applications are no longer being accepted.
The City of Tiffin is providing grants to eligible local businesses with between 2 and 30 employees hurt by the coronavirus up to $6,000 for eligible expenses. Eligible businesses with less than two employees are eligible for up to $3,000. Read all the eligibility requirements here. Read the grant agreement and requirements for close-out reporting here. Here is our first overview seminar on the program.
Apply beginning Sept. 30
The online application is open at 12 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30, and close at 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 12. Apply here. The following video walks you through it.
In order to submit an application, a business will need to enter or upload the following information:
- Please note that a Business DUNS number will need to be obtained before a grant agreement can be executed and may take days or weeks. Although you can apply now without it, you won’t be able to receive these federal funds without it, so we recommend you do this first. It can be obtained here from the feds. Here is a little more explanation about the DUNS number at grants.gov.
- You need to determine the type of expenses you intend to pay with the grant funds before applying. (View eligible expenses here.)
- You will need to upload the first page of your 2019 federal tax return, or 2018 return, if the 2019 is not available (IRS Form 1040, 1040-SR, 1065, 1120 or 1120-S). (Forms 1040 and 1040-SR must also include the full Schedule C.)
- You will need to upload a completed IRS Form W-9 (obtain form). Any grant received is considered taxable income.
Get Answers & Information
- Email questions to email@example.com. They will be answered in the order received within 24 hours and posted to a Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Attend an upcoming information session.
- Upcoming dates:
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 1 at 7 p.m.
- Attend one of the information sessions in one of the following ways:
- Upcoming dates:
- Watch a recorded information session.
- Watch recorded info session from 9/25/20.
September 30, 2020: Application Opens
October 12, 2020: Application Closes
October 21, 2020: Announcement of Funding. Beginning of Drafting and Distribution of Grant Agreements. Then, Execution of Grant Agreements and Disbursement of Funds.
December 15, 2020: Eligible expenditures must be made on or before this day
120 Days after Disbursement of Funds: Close Out Report Due