Monthly event features local food vendors
TIFFIN, OHIO – September 17, 2019 – Get a “Taste of Downtown Tiffin” during the September Third Thursday event, Thursday, Sept. 19. In addition to specials in stores, local businesses are show off their unique culinary offerings. Participants can register for door prizes at participating businesses. The event is free and family-friendly and benefits the revitalization of Downtown Tiffin.
The Taste of Downtown Tiffin event is 5-8 p.m. in the parking lot between Tiffin-Seneca Public Library, 77 Jefferson St., and the splash pad, and Jefferson Street will also be closed down to allow for pedestrian traffic between Market and Court streets. Tickets will be sold for $1 each, with many vendors selling items for 1 to 2 tickets each.
Also, Trivia Night in Downtown Tiffin will start at 7 p.m. at Reino’s Catering & Party Room, 120 S. Washington St.
Foods being served at the Taste of Downtown Tiffin:
- Bailiwicks Coffee Company – Hot Coffee, Cold Brew Coffee, Iced Tea
- Chandelier Community Event Center – $1 Shawarma Spicy Chicken Skewers
- Chandelier Community Event Center – $1 Soft Pretzel Sticks with Cheese
- Chandelier Community Event Center – $1 Barbecued Meatballs
- Clover Club – Mexican Street Corn Soup
- Tiffin Elks 94 – $2 Old world Italian meatball sub
- The Empire at 138 – $1 Lavender Lemon Iced Tea
- The Empire at 138 – $2 Cookie
- JT’s Bagel Bar – $2 Bagel with cream cheese
- JT’s – $2 Shaved Ice
- Jolly’s – $1 Shredded Chicken Sliders
- Jolly’s – $1 Half Hot Dog
- Put n’ Pita – Baklava
- Reino’s Pizza and Pasta – $1 Pizza
- Simply Susan’s – $1/$2 Assorted Chocolate
- Uncle Mike’s Dairy Bar – $1 Dairy Bar
Participants are reminded to fill out an entry form every time they make a purchase at a participating business for a chance to win $1,000. A winner will be chosen after December’s Third Thursday. (No limit to the number of entries per person. Employees are eligible but cannot enter at their place of employment.)
About Downtown Tiffin
The revitalization of downtown Tiffin began in 2011, when a group of community members came together to for “Tiffin Tomorrow”, with the goal of promoting and encouraging economic development in downtown Tiffin, and creating plans, programs and actions to ensure long-term vitality and prosperity. In 2014, the city of Tiffin contracted with SIEDC to act as the downtown organization and “Tiffin Tomorrow” came under the SIEDC umbrella as the “Downtown Development Committee,” which serves as the governing board of the downtown organization. In 2015, Tiffin joined Heritage Ohio’s Ohio Main Street Program. For more information, click here.